Looking to open a new savings account?
Look no further! Our savings account features:
- A low minimum balance requirement, just $100
- As long as the minimum balance requirement is met, there are no monthly or annual fees*
- Free VISA debit card with Member Rewards
- Online & mobile banking
- Mobile check deposits
- Your savings account establishes your credit union membership making you eligible for all of our products & services.
Add a free Power Checking account by checking the box for "Checking (draft)" at the top of your membership application.
*There is a $5/monthly fee if a minimum balance of $100 is not maintained in the savings account.
How to Open an Account
- Click the "Apply Now" button below
- Accept our Membership Agreement
- Complete the fillable PDF application
- If you want to add a free checking account, check the box for "Checking (draft)"
- If you want a free VISA debit card, check the box for "VISA Check Card"
- If you want to receive statements and other notices electronically, check the box for "eDocuments"
- If you want the ability to deposit checks using your smartphone, check the box for "App Deposit"
- Print your completed application
- Sign on the bottom of pages 1, 3, & 4
- Return your signed application via fax to your nearest branch
- New York - 212.575.5836
- Chicago - 312.775.6230
- Los Angeles - 323.938.9035
- North Hollywood - 818.853.7508
Additionally, we need you to email us at MServices@ActorsFCU.com to request a secure file transfer. We will email you back from a secure email service. Once, you receive this email, you'll be able to complete your application by securely submitting the following items:
- Proof of your current union or organization affiliation (e.g., photo of your union card)
- Photo or clear scan of your valid government-issued photo ID or passport
- Proof of address if different than the address listed on your photo ID (e.g., photo or scan of a utility bill or lease agreement)
Once your application and documents are received, we will open your account and contact you at the phone number listed on your application. At that time, we will ask for a minimum deposit of at least $100.
- Maintain a minimum balance of $100 to forgo a $5 monthly maintenance fee
- Savings Accounts that hit a negative balance trigger an automatic transfer from Checking, eMax$, or Holiday Club, in that order, to bring the negative balance to zero
- A variable rate, set by the Board of Directors, is paid quarterly in accordance with federal regulations that prohibit dividends in excess of available earnings
- Business Savings Accounts are also available
- Immediate family members of ActorsFCU members are also eligible for credit union membership by completing their own application, along with a Certificate of Relationship Form
- Immediate family includes but is not limited to: spouse/domestic partner, children, siblings, parents, grandparents, and grandchildren.
- Print your own Deposit Ticket
Your Deposits Are Insured and Safe With Us
Your regular savings, certificate, club, and/or checking deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF) and backed by the U.S. Government.
As an individual account owner, you could have up to $1,750,000 in insurance coverage; for joint-account owners, coverage could go as high as $4 million. [Numbers based on maximum $250K in all accounts and IRAs, and 5 beneficiaries in Trust Accounts.]
- Beneficiaries are natural persons as well as charitable organizations and other nonprofit entities
- A Trust Account owner with up to 5 different beneficiaries will be insured up to $250,000 per beneficiary
For specific insurance needs, contact the NCUA’s Insurance Call Center