Looking to open a new savings account?
Look no further! Our savings account features:
- A low minimum balance requirement, just $100
- As long as the minimum balance requirement is met, there are no monthly or annual fees*
- Free VISA debit card with Member Rewards
- Online & mobile banking
- Mobile check deposits
- Your savings account establishes your credit union membership making you eligible for all of our products & services.
Add a free Power Checking account by checking the box for "Checking (draft)" at the top of your membership application.
*There is a $5/monthly fee if a minimum balance of $100 is not maintained in the savings account.
How to Open a Savings Account
- STEP ONE: complete our fillable PDF application
- If you want to add a free checking account, check the box for "Checking (draft)"
- If you want a free VISA debit card, check the box for "VISA Check Card"
- If you want to receive statements and other notices electronically, check the box for "eDocuments"
- If you want the ability to deposit checks using your smartphone, check the box for "App Deposit"
- STEP TWO: Print your completed application & sign on the bottom of pages 1, 3, & 4
- STEP THREE: Submit your completed application and required documents via Secure Email*
- Please CLICK HERE to send us an email requesting a secure file transfer.
- We will email you back within 1 to 3 business day with an invitation to our Secure Email services
- When you receive this invite, you will set up a free account, then respond to our email with the following attachments:
- Signed/completed application
- Copy of Government-issued photo ID
- Proof of membership eligibility (e.g., Equity card, SAG-AFTRA card, etc.)
- STEP FOUR: We will open your account within 2 to 3 business days, then email you back via Secure Email to provide your account number and other important information regarding your new account.
- STEP FIVE: Fund your new account. Your new savings account requires a minimum deposit of $100 to satisfy our minimum balance requirements.
Your Deposits Are Insured and Safe With Us
Your regular savings, certificate, club, and/or checking deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF) and backed by the U.S. Government.
As an individual account owner, you could have up to $1,750,000 in insurance coverage; for joint-account owners, coverage could go as high as $4 million. [Numbers based on maximum $250K in all accounts and IRAs, and 5 beneficiaries in Trust Accounts.]
For specific insurance needs, contact the NCUA’s Insurance Call Center
- Maintain a minimum balance of $100 to forgo a $5 monthly maintenance fee
- Savings Accounts that hit a negative balance trigger an automatic transfer from Checking, eMax$, or Holiday Club, in that order, to bring the negative balance to zero
- A variable rate, set by the Board of Directors, is paid quarterly in accordance with federal regulations that prohibit dividends in excess of available earnings
- Business Savings Accounts are also available
- Immediate family members of ActorsFCU members are also eligible for credit union membership by completing their own application, along with a Certificate of Relationship Form
- Immediate family includes but is not limited to: spouse/domestic partner, children, siblings, parents, grandparents, and grandchildren.
- Print your own Deposit Ticket
- Beneficiaries are natural persons as well as charitable organizations and other nonprofit entities
- A Trust Account owner with up to 5 different beneficiaries will be insured up to $250,000 per beneficiary